A recipe for an excellent and uncommon baker’s combination: pineapple & zucchini .. I made this last night (one large loaf, six muffins) – the office has devoured the muffins and I will be taking the loaf to New Hampshire this weekend, along with the banana bread I made. I hope I can bake in Spain .. this is my #1 stress relief.
- 4 eggs <– only used 3
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup vegetable oil <– I use applesauce instead
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt <<– I never use this.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, mix oil, eggs, vanilla, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Blend in pineapple and zucchini. Stir flour mixture into zucchini mixture. Pour batter into two greased and floured 9 x 5 inch loaf pans. These also make amazing muffins – 350 oven @ approx 25-30 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour. Cool on wire racks.