.. just a preview of what we’re getting into tomorrow.
some facts about our bird (probably not for the squeamish)
– raised in Chucena, a pueblo next to Bollullos where I teach
– corn fed (because we found some inside)
– weighs 6 kilos (approx 13 pounds)
– still has some tiny feathers embedded in it
– still had some organs in it, despite arguments to the contrary
– still had the neck on it, which we sawed off
– still had the butt / tail intact, which we also sawed off
Big thanks to my mom and dad who skyped with us in the kitchen while we attempted to clean the pueblo bird.
Stay tuned for Thanksgiving tales from abroad … 🙂 Have a happy turkey day, wherever you are!