May 2015: Finally an excuse to head North to one of my favorite areas in all the world: New England. I attended a conference in Boston, checked a new state off my list (Rhode Island), and rebooted my spirit with family and friends.
Newport, Rhode Island
Our Air BNB was quaint, but our host was a little kooky. We got around in a rental car, which was nice but you might be able to do without it depending on where you stay.
– Willy’s Burger Bar + Rotisserie: 599 Thames Street
– Atlantic Grille: My first stuffed quahog – 91 Aquidneck Avenue
– Newport Creamery Sandwiches: Perfect for picnicking – Two locations
* Bonus: Navy Blue Angels show at a local airfield. Tremendous.
– Friendly Toast near MIT – 1 Kendall Square Cambridge (also in Portsmouth NH)
– Yard House near Fenway for a wonderful dinner with friends – 126 Brookline Avenue
– Mike’s Pastries in North End – Killer cannoli – 300 Hanover Street
– 75 on Liberty Wharf – Great place to raise a glass on the water near the Convention Center
– Legal Test Kitchen – fried oyster bahn mi, believe it – 225 Northern Avenue
– Flour Bakery – For your sweet tooth – multiple locations